Due to COVID-19, the Oakfield Public Library will remain closed until further notice. Although the library is closed to the public, we are offering curbside pickup service of materials.
Materials will be moving slightly slower between libraries due to proper quarantine periods and new safety measures being practiced during transport. Patrons will be contacted by phone when items are available. Holds will still only be filled to the capacity that library staff can handle. Many of our member libraries service large populations, so expect some minor delays.
Important guidelines for curbside service:
- Customers may browse materials through our online catalog to place holds on items, or contact library staff. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the library at 583-4552. As staff is working limited hours, please leave a message and we will return your call when available.
- Customers can choose an approximate deliver time. Call the library ahead of time at 583-4552 to let us know you have arrived. Please park in front of the library. Your requested materials will be placed on the bench outside the front entrance of the building. Staff ask that you not exit your vehicle until materials have been left for you to retrieve. In the case of inclement weather, items may be placed in the trunk.
- Recommended safety measures such as sanitation of materials and social distancing will be in place during pick-up.
- All returns must be made in the book drop in the rear of the building. Staff cannot accept returns curbside.
Other available services while the library is closed to the public:
- Staff will be available limited hours by phone for reference, and to assist with online resources and library card issues. All other times, you may leave a message. Staff will return your call.
- As always, the digital library is open 24/7 and accessible anywhere an internet connection is available. Library customers can utilize our many digital resources, including e-books, audiobooks, magazines and newspapers, and movies.
- For families needing internet access, our Wi-Fi is always on and available from outside the building.
- To learn more about the Oakfield Public Library or any of its services, call 583-4552.
Important to remember:
- Fines will not be assessed on any materials currently checked out.
- All programs, meetings, and events have been cancelled.
We know that many in our community count on us for entertainment, education, computer access, news, programs, resources, and services. We’ll do what we can to continue to provide you with library services in an online capacity.